Passionality Group announces partnership with California-based co-living pioneer PodShare.
Under the terms of this partnership Passionality will provide material and strategic support to help PodShare achieve its growth objectives. Click to learn more.
Passionality partners are seasoned hospitality executives with a passion for hospitality and a deep expertise across various disciplines including business strategy, operations, marketing & communications, development, franchising, design & construction, human resources, social & digital media, finance and internationalization.
Founding Partners: 200+ years of Relevant Experience
- Luis del Olmo, Chairman of Idiso (30+ yrs.)
- Benjamin Calleja, Founder and President of the ABC Group Holding (20+ yrs.)
- Armando Lopez, President/Founder of NM+U Branding (20+ yrs.)
- Anthony Emanuelo, Vice President Intl. Operations Wyndham (20+ yrs.)
- Luis Mirabelli, Vice President Intl. Development Wyndham (20+ yrs.)
- Peter Lim, Global Hotel Program Google (20+ yrs.)
- Minaz Hudani, Vice President Operations Kriya Hotels (30+ years)
- Andy Stull, Vice President Operations MTP Hospitality (20+ years)
“Passionality is looking for needle-in-a-haystack concepts that need a little push to get to the next level in their growth curve.”
The Passionality Group,
A Nascent Concept Accelerator.
Passionality nurtures nascent hospitality concepts (and its founders) that:
- Invoke genuine passion
- Represent authentic hospitality innovation, and
- Have meaningful potential for growth
Passionality cultivates concepts responsibly and profitably by providing specialized and relevant business expertise through advisory or consulting services and – where applicable – seed investments in exchange for compelling returns on invested capital.
10 concepts successfully nurtured by 2020.
appeal to us?
Hotel Concept Innovation.
- Non-traditional concepts, preferably in the limited service or life-style segments
- At least 1 owned and operated hotel open for 18 months
- Potential to scale through both owned and franchising models
Restaurant Concept Innovation.
- Fast casual concepts, preferably in:
- Fresh & Healthy
- Pizza or Chicken
- At least 3 owned units open and operating for 18 months
- Potential to scale through both owned and franchising model
- Examples could include AirBNB business models and support services
have we done
Membership-based Co-living pioneer: PodShare
Background: In January 2017, a select group of Passionality partners entered into a strategic investment partnership with PodShare, a rapidly-expanding startup in the up and coming Co-living space.
Under the terms of this partnership, Passionality will provide material support and strategic guidance to accelerate PodShare’s expansion and growth both domestically and Internationally. Click to learn more about PodShare
$120M U.S. Northeast Hotel Portfolio
Background: In September 2014, Passionality Partners Andy Stull and Minaz Hudani along with an investment group acquired an 8-hotel portfolio in the greater Philadelphia and New Jersey area for $95M.
$14M are being spent on renovations, which are nearing completion. Click to learn more
Step 1: Day 1-30
- 1. A Passionality partner identifies a suitable concept that meets our selection criteria, and presents it for consideration to the group.
- 2. The concept presentation addresses key questions such as business model, brand strategy, management team, growth potential, and business need.
Step 2: Day 31-60
- 1. Passionality partners review the opportunity and opt to participate in the
concept, or pass, and notifies the founders
- 2. Depending on the concept’s business need, participation could occur in either:
- Advisory services
- Support services
- Equity participation
- Debt financing
- 2. When applicable, other sliver equity would be sourced
Step 3: Day 61-120
- 1. Due diligence and legal agreements are finalized; when applicable, funding goes hard.
How are we
The Passionality Group resembles some angel investor groups, but goes a step further by offering concepts access beyond capital to relevant expertise and a vast network in the global hospitality world.
Passionality is also 100% focused on concept within the Hospitality Industry.
Private Equity / Venture Capital.
Private Equity provides financial support (often at stringent and founder ‘unfriendly’ conditions), but rarely offers relevant expertise or support services.
Consultants / Agencies.
Business consultants or brand agencies usually charge a fee-for-services rendered and do not tend to invest in nascent concepts.